One of the most common questions we receive from homeowners is:
“What are the advantages of installing hardwood flooring in my home instead of carpet?”
From economics to aesthetic appeal, we’ve compiled a list of the important benefits your home and family will appreciate with hardwood flooring.
Hardwood Flooring’s Long-Term Economic Advantages vs. Carpet:
- Hardwood Flooring Outlives the Latest Trends –Homeowners regularly complete upgrades in an effort to retain the value of the home. Fortunately, hardwood floors are always in style.
- Hardwood Flooring Improves Overall Home Value –History tells us that home buyers favor homes with hardwood flooring and are willing to pay more for this feature. (Sources: USA Today, Realtor.com, The Oklahoman)
Hardwood Flooring’s Daily Living Advantages vs Carpet:
- Better Acoustics – Wood flooring types help reduce muffled or vibrating sounds – giving you crystal-clear sound quality at home for a state-of-the-art home theater system.
- Little to No Cleaning Equipment Needed – With hardwood floors, there’s no need to buy vacuum cleaners every few years or a bucketful of cleaning supplies to keep it clean. All that’s needed is a damp microfiber mop to dust and mop every few days or so.
Hardwood Flooring’s Long-Term Maintenance Advantage vs. Carpet:
- Hardwearing – There aren’t many floor types that can match the lifespan of hardwood flooring. These floor coverings can last a lifetime with some maintenance and if they do scratch or wear, a wood floor refinishing treatment provides an economical way to restore its original beauty.
To learn more about the benefits of Hardwood Flooring for YOUR home, call us at Ability for a free design consultation at (407) 422-0169
USA Today: usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2013/04/28/24-7-home-features/2106203/
The Oklahoman News: newsok.com/article/5631560/why-wood-floors-are-suddenly-the-design-of-the-moment